Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC 2015 Presets(even stock) doesn't show up, but in the folders

Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I've been going a little ad trying to figure out if I've done anything wrong. I downloaded CC and lightroom with it, and the stock presets weren't showing, so I uninstalled and installed Lightroom again. They still didn't show and when I downloaded more presets, unchecked the box, and put them in the correct folders, they still didn't show up. Any ideas where I can go from here? Any help is much appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

The built-in presets are here:

If you open those folders by clicking the triangles, do you see the individual built-in presets?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2017 Feb 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, verify the "Store Presets with this Catalog" option (Preferences>Presets Tab) is unchecked and post back.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for the response. I can verify that the box mentioned is definitely unchecked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Presets are you expecting?? Stock is a Publish service

Screen Shot 2017-02-04 at 7.13.09 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just the stock lightroom presets I think? I tried to download other free presets just to test if there was anything wrong. Did the same steps, put them in the develop folders, and unchecked the box. They show up as folders, but when clicked on, nothing shows up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The current version of LR does not store the stock presets on the disk as files.

Installing your presets has no effect on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ManiacJoe wrote: The current version of LR does not store the stock presets on the disk as files.

Minor correction: On Mac, LR stores the built-presets in subfolders of /Applications/Adobe Lightroom/Adobe Lightroom.app/Contents/PlugIns/Develop.lrmodule/Contents/Resources/templates. (On Windows, they are bundled inside a code module.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the clarification.

I would much rather have the presets for Windows on the disk like LR 5.x had them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would much rather have the presets for Windows on the disk like LR 5.x had them.

Even on Mac, there isn't any benefit to having them visible in folders.  You can delete them, but LR still displays the (empty) folders in the Presets panel in Develop, taking up space that most people find wasted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to reset the preferences: Resetting Preferences in Lightroom CC/6

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If resetting preferences doesn't work, other things to try:

1.Reboot your computer.

2. Post a full-resolution screenshot of your entire LR  window here. That often gives unexpected clues as to what's happening.

3. Uninstall and reinstall LR. Since the built-in presets are part of the LR installation, it's conceivable something went wrong during installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2017-02-06 at 5.45.24 PM.png

Hi, here's a screenshot of what I see

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The built-in presets are here:

If you open those folders by clicking the triangles, do you see the individual built-in presets?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I feel so dumb right now. HAHA. This entire time I was so frustrated because I was clicking everything BUT the triangles. One click and then they all show up. Thanks so much for all the help!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No need to feel dumb, glad you got it resolved.  (Screenshots are a great way to diagnose problems.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have literally been doing the same thing for an hour (re downloading and putting the files in different folders, thinking my version of Lightroom was broken). But thankfully I came here and saw 'just click on the triangle'! And now they are all there. LOL!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've restarted Lightroom a couple of times and pressed Shift + option keys, but the Reset all Preferences dialog doesn't come up for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines