• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

dng @ cs5

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2017 Feb 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can I use DNG 8.6 ,8.7,9.0,9.5 with photoshop cs5 .   if so how   if not what will ?  

can I use lightroom 6 for Nikon d810 ,d750, d7200, d500 , . will this work straight out of the box .

many thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 04, 2017 Feb 04, 2017

Just be sure CS5's ACR is updated to v6.7 and you set the DNG Converter for that. It's best to get the latest DNG Convertor. 9.8 for now. You'll be setting the DNG converter preferences to ACR 6.6 and later.

Adobe Digital Negative Converter 9.x gives links to that and instructions to set it up.

Lightroom 6? If you update it, it should work with those models without a converter. Not much of an expert there, so be sure to check the Lr forums for best advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are asking about the DNG converter, Yes you can and then the images will work in the older ACR version.

Look here for the list of supported cameras for version of ACR.

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just be sure CS5's ACR is updated to v6.7 and you set the DNG Converter for that. It's best to get the latest DNG Convertor. 9.8 for now. You'll be setting the DNG converter preferences to ACR 6.6 and later.

Adobe Digital Negative Converter 9.x gives links to that and instructions to set it up.

Lightroom 6? If you update it, it should work with those models without a converter. Not much of an expert there, so be sure to check the Lr forums for best advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hi

I do not understand

if I go onto dng 9x it tells me  that dng 6.7 is not for my camera & if I wont to go to 7.1 or above I require cs6  or cc .

therefor if it is possible to get cs5 to dng 9 or above with cs5  .please explain to some one who is not very computer savey

many thanks

Since Camera Raw 6.7 (CS5) cannot read your Nikon Raw files directly, you must convert the NEFs to DNG.

Download and install the latest DNG converter which is 9.8 

Open the Dng Converter, click on "Change Preferences" and set it to "6.6 or later"

Screen Shot 2017-02-06 at 4.49.28 AM.png

Then place the Nikon Raws in a folder, select that folder, and click on Convert. The DNG files are created. Open those in ACR 6.7. For example double-click on the DNG file or open them in Bridge CS5.

Screen Shot 2017-02-06 at 4.51.34 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines