• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera raw editing is not enabled camera raw requires that a qualifying product has been launched at least once to enable this feature

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2017 Feb 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I attempt to open a photo in Camera Raw for editing through Adobe Bridge, I get an error message saying that Camera Raw editing is not enabled, and that I must launch a "qualifying product" at least once to enable it. It also will not let me open Camera Raw preferences, I get the same message. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and the problem still persists. Does anyone know what qualifies as a qualifying product or if there is a fix to this?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Hi Grantg,

Do you have Photoshop installed on your system? If yes then you just need to launch it once.

Please let us know about the outcome.

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Grantg,

Do you have Photoshop installed on your system? If yes then you just need to launch it once.

Please let us know about the outcome.

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had this same thing happen when I tried to open an image in Camera Raw and so I went to the forum to try to find the answer.   I have a new Mac and just downloaded Bridge, but I do NOT have Photoshop on this computer (I have it in disk form but it's out of downloads). Do I have to have a subscription to Photoshop in order for Bridge to work? (I am just wanting it for light editing, but mostly for organizing my photos.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 09, 2017 Feb 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, you don't need a subscription you can even download a trial for Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2022 Nov 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have both photoshop 2023 and lightroom 2023. When i try to enable camera raw editing in bridge 2023 preferences, i get th emessage Camera Raw editing is not enables. Camera Raw editing requires that a qualifying product has been licensed. Both Lightroom and Photoshop are licensed, as is camera raw. All have been launched multiple times. The message still won't go away and i still can't launch camera raw from bridge like i did before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2017 Jul 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still having issues with my Adobe Bridge not letting me edit or even open them in Camera Raw. If I select open in Adobe Photoshop then it will let me make adjustments before opening. It's still a pain. I even went through Adobe Photoshop from Browse in Bridge so it would know that I had a subscription to Photoshop and Bridge still won't work. Frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using my Photo Shop 12 for years and I get the message "qualifying product"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know this is an old post, but this is the 3rd time after an update that I receive the message about needing a qualifying product.  It happens after updates.  All producets are up to date, machine has been rebooted, things were working smoothly last week.  I've been on the Adobe support line several times, and twice spent over 1.5 hours as they took control of my computer and uninstalled and reinstalled everything (except my Plugins, which I had to do each time) and for 2 out of 3 of those times, there was no resolution.  Today I need to go through 400+ wedding images, and I prefer Bridge & Photoshop to Lightroom, but while ACR works fine from Photoshop, Bridge tells me the not licensed message. 

Wierd new thing: I changed the double-click action on the thumbnail to open ACR, and that launches ACR, but using 'Open in ACR' menu item doesn't.  Incredibly frustrated to see this problem for the 3rd time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines