• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Super Bowl 51 & Lady Gaga

Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2017 Feb 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The big  game starts tomorrow at 3:30pm (PST) on Fox.

An estimated  113 million viewers will tune in. 

I can't wait to see what Lady Gaga has cooked up for the half-time show.

Go Falcons!

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if Tom Brady will have soft balls?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL.  I had forgotten the under-inflated balls incident.

All the more reason to root for Atlanta.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 05, 2017 Feb 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Atlanta went up 21-0 I thought the game was over for New England

All I can say at the end is WOW !!!

NE tie it up to force the 1st overtime in Super Bowl history, and then win

A comeback and game that was tense right to the end

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, WOW!  Atlanta choked away a 19 point lead in the 4th quarter.  <shaking head> Falcons fans, I think you need a new coach. </shaking head>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy OShea wrote:

Yeah, WOW! Atlanta choked away a 19 point lead in the 4th quarter. <shaking head> Falcons fans, I think you need a new coach. </shaking head>

I don't follow the game or even understand it, but by heck that must have been an heroic comeback.  You have to admire the quality of character that keeps a team fighting hard enough to turn a game around from a 19 point deficit.   Kudos to the Patriots, and better luck next time Falcons.   Now I am wondering how The Donald is going to spin the Patriot's win as being his doing?  I was going to say he'll draw a parallel with his coming from behind to win the Presidency, but he'd never fess up to being behind at any time during his campaign.

Szalam, I'm guessing each cable had an independent anchor point, so there was system redundancy.  She came down far too slowly IMO.  It would have been so much more exciting (especially for her) to come down in free fall, and slow down at the last moment.  If it were not for the blasphemous thought of damaging the pitch, I'd have dug a Lady Gaga sized hole in the ground for her to drop into and disappear.  Then a good 30 seconds later, she could have climbed, very shakily, out.  Stretched her neck and shoulders, and picked up the mic and carried on singing.  The main reason they didn't do that is that the 30 second pause would have been a million and a half dollars down the tube.

Hey...  Technical question.  If LG was using the same radio mic from the roof and then on the ground, would that have presented problems for the sound guys?  I don't think she sung while she was descending, so there could have been a receiver on the roof and others on the ground.   Sound guys say stuff like "When you are able, run a cable", and the only certainty with radio links is that at some point they _will_ let you down, no matter how much redundancy, and diversity antenna systems etc. you design in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor.Dennis wrote:

Now I am wondering how The Donald is going to spin the Patriot's win as being his doing?

I won't post a direct link here because it contains a lot of F bombs.  Just search  "Why Donald Trump turned Bill Maher into a Falcons fan." 

After you you see it, you'll understand why I rooted for the Falcons.

Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Super Bowl Commercial nobody saw.  FOX deemed it too controversial.

Watch Rejected 84 Lumber Super Bowl Ad With Trump Border Wall - Rolling Stone

The Classiest Super Bowl Commercial --

Budweiser 2017 Super Bowl Commercial | “Born The Hard Way”

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lady Gaga and her 300 drones kicked off the halftime show in spectacular fashion on the stadium's roof and then she dove into the stadium!

Best Tweet of the night that I saw: "I want to trust someone the way Gaga trusts those cables."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy OShea wrote:

I can't wait to see what Lady Gaga has cooked up for the half-time show.

Nancy

I wish she had sung about the big high wall!
The Story Of Woody Guthrie's 'This Land Is Your Land' : NPR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I watched the commerials on Monday... but did not watch the game. 

However, my agency did promote a public viewing the Super Bowl at a local cinema that was sponsored by an American Football team in Germany.

I made the following graphics and animation to promote the event using Adobe Illustrator and Animate CC.

https://kennshinabery.myportfolio.com/superbowl-2017-motion-graphic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines