8 Replies Latest reply on Feb 4, 2017 12:36 PM by Just Shoot Me

Upgraded to Lightroom CC from 5.4 - can't find files

Elwoody

I know this topic has been covered but I can't find the answer and, hence, resolve the issue. In a bit of a panic as I need to get work done.

I am running OS X 10.10.5 (Yosemite) on an iMac. This morning I just upgraded to Lightroom CC from V5.4.  I went through the Adobe CC app process, paid my $10, the App installed, LR CC window appeared after a few minutes, and went straight into the newly created LR CC catalogue. I have not moved any of my folders, they are on an external HDD without file location changes in 6 years (I mirrored the latest HDD upgrade two years ago).

Well, now all of my folders and photos have the exclamation mark in the top right corner. When I click on it and locate the folder as per the instructions, the folder is deleted from the catalogue. Ditto for when I do the same for a photo in one of the folders. Gonzo. I tried to reimport the photos and no luck, they are greyed out. But I don not want to reimport. I want everything back as it was on 5.4 earlier today.

I have 100,000 photos in my catalogue. Zero issues with LR 5.4.  I've never had this problem when updating previous versions of the standalone LR program.

Can somebody please help me out here as I am at a loss of what to do and refuse to attempt to follow the recommended 'locate folder/file' procedure. I have Googled this issue and researched this forum much to no avail.