• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"wrong when reading, LR have to shut down ..." one time per hour Why?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2017 Feb 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PC, Lightroom cc, Win 10, The C:\ is almost full - could it be the problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 04, 2017 Feb 04, 2017

How full is "almost full"? A hard disk needs to have about 20% free disk space in order to function properly. If you have less than that, then yes, a nearly full hard drive could be your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How full is "almost full"? A hard disk needs to have about 20% free disk space in order to function properly. If you have less than that, then yes, a nearly full hard drive could be your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My C is a SSD-disc and it is 98 % full, and my D is a ord. disc, and it is 60 % full ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A hard disk that is 98% full cannot function efficiently irregardless of whether it is SSD. If you have images on that C drive you might want to consider moving them to a new external hard drive. Until you do, and free up some significant disk space, you should expect to continue to experience the problems you are having.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I have no images on C, I do not know why 250Gb can be so full, but i think I will ask for help. I have just necessary programs on C (like Photoshop, LR, ,,,). I only want to know if the LR problem could be that the SSD-disc is so full, I will be back. if the problems continue after someone have helped me ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are running Win 10 then by default Windows makes auto backups of the drive which could be taking up a lot of space.

Open File Manager and investigate where all the space is being used. There are also some free programs to show what space is being used by each folder on your drives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it could be.

Running LR and PS for hours on end without any problems. Win 7 Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines