9 Replies Latest reply on Apr 3, 2017 6:51 AM by Sue Garibaldi

HELP: adobe draw files gone after 'session expired'

stellv92544333 Level 1

Hi,

So i have a bunch for vectors on my adobe draw app that are very important to me that vanished. I opened the app and as usual I could see my projects. Then, a message popped up that said my session has expired and I need to log in again. I forgot my password and reset it. When i logged in with my new password all of my beloved projects that I spent DAYS working on had vanished. Now I know when files are deleted they aren't actually gone, does anyone know how to help?? I also no long have any adobe programs on my laptop because I only ever used the free trial. When I logged into Draw online it also showed no work.

Please help my work is my life and several of these pieces were for school. 

• 1. Re: HELP: adobe draw files gone after 'session expired'
          Sue Garibaldi Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi StellV.

I'm really sorry about this. I have some questions for you:

What device are you using? And what version of the operating system?

What version of Draw are you using? (Newer versions of Draw should not have this alert.)

Had you at any point verified your log-in information (through a verification email)?

Also, because ALL of your work is missing... Are you certain you logged back into the device with the same account that you used when you created the work? In other words, if you had any other Adobe apps on your device when you first started using Draw, you could have been automatically logged in to Draw with a different Adobe ID. Have you ever used another email address?

If you'd been working on the drawings for some time, they should have had a chance to sync to Creative Cloud. Please log in with any Adobe ID(s) you can think of to Adobe Creative Cloud and see if your work is there.

Please let me know what you find. If you prefer, you can contact me through the in-app feedback.

Sue.

• 2. Re: HELP: adobe draw files gone after 'session expired'
            stellv92544333 Level 1

Hi,

I'm using version 3.3.1 of draw

iPhone 5 version right before 10.2.1. It won't tell me the version but that's what the next update is.

I did get a verification email that I changed my password

The emails I get from Adobe are at the same address I used to log in. I've had other accounts in the past but only used this email address for Draw. My art is not in the creative cloud. The cloud is blank.

Sent from my iPhone

• 3. Re: HELP: adobe draw files gone after 'session expired'

Stell,

A couple of things:

* You're using quite an old version of Adobe Draw, so when you have a minute can you update the app; we've since resolved this "session expired" issue that had been coming up in the app.

* Also, more importantly, is there any way that another app that you were logged into on your device automatically logged you in with that Adobe ID? Have you checked?

* Finally, if you're certain the work was in the account you've already checked,  I'm going to need to get some private information from you. Please email me through the in-app feedback (tap the Draw icon, then Give Us Feedback). That email will get directly to me.

Sue.

• 4. Re: HELP: adobe draw files gone after 'session expired'
                robl43975398

I have encountered the same problem in draw when logging out. Files are lost when switching users in app. Is there a way to recover files that become unsynced when logging out of app?

• 5. Re: HELP: adobe draw files gone after 'session expired'

Hi Rob,

I'm sorry your work went missing. If you could answer the questions I asked StellV it would be really helpful. Here they are again:

What device are you using? And what version of the operating system?

What version of Draw are you using? (Newer versions of Draw should not have this alert.)

Had you at any point verified your log-in information (through a verification email)?

Also, because ALL of your work is missing... Are you certain you logged back into the device with the same account that you used when you created the work? In other words, if you had any other Adobe apps on your device when you first started using Draw, you could have been automatically logged in to Draw with a different Adobe ID. Have you ever used another email address?

Please let me know what you find.

Sue.

• 6. Re: HELP: adobe draw files gone after 'session expired'
                    stellv92544333 Level 1

This Email is not meant for me, I am not rob. I did however just send you a email regarding moving forward in the process of recovering my work 

Stella

Sent from my iPhone

• 7. Re: HELP: adobe draw files gone after 'session expired'

Hi Stella.

I was actually responding to Rob on that post. But, I did get your email and I responded to it.

Sue.

• 8. Re: HELP: adobe draw files gone after 'session expired'
                        anm78757152

Hi Sue, I have had the same problem too. I was asked by the app to log in again, just as I was about to work on a file

then when I did this, all my projects were gone.

Can you tell me how I get them back.

Thanks

• 9. Re: HELP: adobe draw files gone after 'session expired'

Hi AnM.

I'm sorry, I  know it's upsetting not to see your work when you sign into the app. Generally, though, when all of someone's work is missing after signing out, it turns out that they've logged back in with a different Adobe ID than they used when they created the work. A few questions:

Have you ever used another email address for an Adobe product?

Do you by any chance have a work account and a personal account?

Do you have any other Adobe apps on this same device that could have automatically logged you in with a different account?

Please let me know what you find.

Sue.