• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Which camera?

Explorer ,
Feb 04, 2017 Feb 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What video camera is most compatible with Premiere Elements? I've used Sony in the past, but are the new cameras as compatible? I'm specifically looking at Handy Cam AX33 4K or Handy Cam AX53 4K. I've heard 4K's have issues with some software. Thank you!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You won't have any Premier Elements 15 trouble with the current Sony or Panasonic cameras that shoot 4K.  You may have trouble with your computer when editing 4K if it is not relatively "strong".   The key word is "may".  If you have a relatively fast processor, lots of RAM and a relatively fast HDD it will work well. 

FWIW, I've been very happy with Premier Elements and 4K from a Panasonic for a couple years.  Premier Elements has a system of using preview files that make editing smooth.  Output choices are plenty. 

Any specific questions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Per Bill, I'd recommend your use a processor that rates at least 8000-10,000 on this benchmark list if you plan to work with 4k.

PassMark Intel vs AMD CPU Benchmarks - High End

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mine ranks 7458.  It works OK.  Part of it is that I use a speedy SSD (Solid State Drive) for Premier Elements, the project, the 4K source files, preview files and the output files. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines