• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Batch renaming problem

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2017 Feb 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a folder of images from a travel trip that I naively processed before renaming.  I saved images as PSD and JPG along with maintaining the CR.  This gave me an original file number with say 2 different extensions under the same number.  But later, I found other images from the same trip that I  want to add in a specific order to the folder.  But when I attempt the Batch rename it will change each image with consecutive file number, if I have saved them with different extensions.  Is there a way to Batch rename all the collection of images where an image with say 2 or 3 different extensions can keep the same new Batch rename and number?  ie:

K2 Expedition_001.psd

K2 Expedition_001.jpg

K2 Expedition_001.copy.jpg

and not being changed in the Batch Rename to:

K2Expedition_001.psd

K2Expedition_002.jpg

K2Expedition_003.copy.jpg

Thanks,  Wayne Thompson

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Hi Wayne,

I understand the issue that issue you're facing. However, bridge will not be able to name the files in this order because it will read each file as an individual file and if you batch rename them bridge will give them a unique name.

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 05, 2017 Feb 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think so.

You would need to select all JPGs and rename, then all PSDs and rename, and so on. That may or may not work for what you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also is this really a Photoshop question? Or Bridge or Lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.   After spending lots of time in the Batch Rename section and option I could never do what I wanted.  It's a folder with hundreds of images that I didn't want to correct manually.   I'll have to reconsider my approach now.  But really appreciate your response.

This is the first time using these forums so didn't consider the Bridge group.  I may try that as well.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll move this post to the Bridge forum. No need to double post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As Just Shoot Me said, you will need to rename in batches and reset the numbering for each batch. If there is metadata such as a file origination date such as DD-MM-YYYY_HH-MM-SS or another value that would be unique then that would be another option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Wayne,

I understand the issue that issue you're facing. However, bridge will not be able to name the files in this order because it will read each file as an individual file and if you batch rename them bridge will give them a unique name.

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines