• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom can't import files of ANY kind. Not showing up.

Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2017 Feb 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry all, have done my best to check as many other threads as I can but still no joy.

When i go to import from the hard drive (have tried multiple hard drive sources) literally no files show up in "add" mode. Not CR2s, not jpgs... nothing. The window which would usually show the thumbnails is just blank - with the exception of a button that says "include subfolders". Clicking that does not solve the problem.

Mac: Was on Yosemite, just upgraded to Sierra 10.12.3 in case that was the problem.

Lightroom: 2015.8 release/raw 9.8 - have updated, uninstalled, reinstalled.

Was importing fine up until about a week or two ago - as far as i can recall, didn't update or change anything between then and when it stopped working.

Have tried updating pretty much everything i can think of, and restarted 100 times.

Any suggestions welcome as I'm tearing my hair out here. Thanks all.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 05, 2017 Feb 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple of suggestions.

Trash the LR Preference file.

Create a second User Account and test.

There was another post similar to yours and the import worked with a different user account.

Last option uninstall LR and reinstall.

IMHO you never know what is going to happen when you upgrade OS X.

If it Ain't broken stop trying to fix it. That is in reference to upgrading the OS when you really don't need to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Just Shoot Me... have definitely uninstalled and reinstalled already. And wouldn't usually update system, but it was a last resort... LR stopped working BEFORE I updated it so wondered if there may be an issue with the OLD system... 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If there is no error message go to Lightroom Preferences> General Tab> "Reset all warning dialogs".

Try again and see if an error message is displayed.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion, sadly, this didn't do anything - still no error message. Literally no nothing. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines