• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can import folder be created by shoot date?

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2017 Feb 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am using Lightroom 6.8 and experience the following problem:

1. I import photos from my iPhone, but leave many on the phone - all fine

2. I "touch" some of those photos on the iPhone with e.g. face recognition

3. I take more iPhone photos

4. I import photos again from my iPhone

5. New photos are imported normally. The modified photos are not recognized as existing but as new, and, when you import them they are imported into folders according to their shoot date. This leads not only to duplicate photos, but makes it alos quite difficult to find them. The exif-data are not used for folder creation which I would prefer obviously

Is there a way to avoid doubble imports and/or to let lightroom use the shoot date for import folder creation?

Thanks for your advice

Matthias

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 05, 2017 Feb 05, 2017

Where your photos end up after you import them is entirely up to how you have the import panel set up. If you have the 'By date' checked Lr will create olders by date. If you want to override that when importing photos you can uncheck 'by date' and choose a specific location and continue to import them.

importpanel.jpg

Also when you import you should add keywords so that you can easily find your images in the future - How to use keywords in Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 05, 2017 Feb 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Where your photos end up after you import them is entirely up to how you have the import panel set up. If you have the 'By date' checked Lr will create olders by date. If you want to override that when importing photos you can uncheck 'by date' and choose a specific location and continue to import them.

importpanel.jpg

Also when you import you should add keywords so that you can easily find your images in the future - How to use keywords in Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines