3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 20, 2008 8:58 AM by Captiv8r

Recording Assessment Simulations

Vonlauer
      I've been trying to record an Assessment Simulation for a web-based application. When I preview, or publish the file, the output .swf actually runs in a sort of strange demo mode, i.e., the swf plays itself and does not allow the user to drive the simulation as is expected. I used all the defaults for this mode in Captivate, as well as played around with altering the settings for Mouse and Captions but it all gives me the same result.
        • 1. Re: Recording Assessment Simulations
          Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          Welcome to our community, Vonlauer

I think we need more information here. For starters, when you prepare to record, you do choose "Simulation" from the dialog. Personally, I feel it's a poor choice of terms, because that category is what one selects when they want a Demonstration OR a Simulation.

So this makes me wonder if perhaps you have selected the "Simulation" category before recording and perhaps aren't realizing that it's a general category where you later have to decide which mode to actually use for the recording.

Cheers... Rick
          • 2. Re: Recording Assessment Simulations
            Vonlauer Level 1
            To be crystal clear, I'm using either the Assessment Simulation as well as the Training Simulation "mode" which I assume means the same as your use of "category" ?

When I record in either mode, the outputs in preview or published .swf play as demos as if they do not recognize that the mouse clicks are user required, aka it's not picking the mouse clicks as user required clicks and therefore just plays as a demo.
            • 3. Re: Recording Assessment Simulations
              Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP
              Hi again

You may wish to double-check the Flash player version installed in the browser. I seem to recall seeing reports of this behavior if older versions are in use.

Cheers... Rick