• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to update to Lightroom 6.8 - AAM claims update suppressed by administrator

Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2017 Feb 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I was trying to update my Lightroom 6.6 to 6.8 using the manual patcher, however when I launched the installer, the AAM showed "Updates could not be applied. Please contact your Administrator if you wish to apply updates on your machine. Updates have been suppressed by the Administrator"

After some searching I found that most people achieved success by deleting AdobeUpdaterPrefs.dat in AAMUpdater folder, which I did. However my problem was not solved - same error occured.

So I used the Adobe CC Cleanup tool to clear my computer of all adobe products, restarted, manually deleted adobe folders in Roaming, Local, and Program Files folders. Reinstalled LR6, no help at all, still see the same message.

I also realised that the same message is displayed when I launch the patcher after LR6 is uninstalled, instead of telling me LR6 not found, it still says the administrator has suppressed the update.

Please help.

Many thanks.

*Edit: For reference I used the 744 MB Lightroom_6_LS11.exe as the core installer, and downloaded the 330MB patch for 6.8 update.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 05, 2017 Feb 05, 2017

I just deleted the Adobe folder in Program Files (x86)\Common Files\ which I missed out earlier and now it works.

I saw a "AdobeUpdaterAdminPrefs.dat" inside there too, but didn't open it before deleting, which might have suppressed the update.

I might have made a mistake when I deleted the "AdobeUpdaterPrefs.dat" in Users\username\AppData\Local\Adobe\AAMUpdater\1.0 instead of the "AdobeUpdaterAdminPrefs.dat" in the Common Files folder, as most OSX users have their AdobeUpdaterAdminPrefs.dat store

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2017 Feb 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just deleted the Adobe folder in Program Files (x86)\Common Files\ which I missed out earlier and now it works.

I saw a "AdobeUpdaterAdminPrefs.dat" inside there too, but didn't open it before deleting, which might have suppressed the update.

I might have made a mistake when I deleted the "AdobeUpdaterPrefs.dat" in Users\username\AppData\Local\Adobe\AAMUpdater\1.0 instead of the "AdobeUpdaterAdminPrefs.dat" in the Common Files folder, as most OSX users have their AdobeUpdaterAdminPrefs.dat stored in a user specific location instead, in contrast to Windows version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines