Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error Getting License

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2017 Feb 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi:

I've downloaded an ebook (as a URL Link file) from my local library. When I try to open it, I receive the following message:

"Error getting License. License Server Communication Problem:

E_AUTH_BAD_DEVICE_KEY_OR_PKCS12"

I've tried this on URL files from two different libraries. I've also checked the version of Digital Editions is authorised and I've downloaded the most recent version. I'm still getting this error.

Can anyone please help me resolve this issue?

Thanks

Catherine

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Feb 05, 2017 Feb 05, 2017

Found the answer (pasted below) here: I am attempting to download ebooks from my local library - I click on download epub - it says open with digital editions…

Answer:

For this problem, you need to deauthorize and authorize ADE again.

If due to some reason, you are unable to deauthorize ADE, follow the below steps:

Mac:

1. Go-> Go to folder.

Go to folder dialog will appear.

2. Type   ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions

drag the activation.dat file to the trash.

ADE will be deauthorized

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2017 Feb 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found the answer (pasted below) here: I am attempting to download ebooks from my local library - I click on download epub - it says open w...

Answer:

For this problem, you need to deauthorize and authorize ADE again.

If due to some reason, you are unable to deauthorize ADE, follow the below steps:

Mac:

1. Go-> Go to folder.

Go to folder dialog will appear.

2. Type   ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions

drag the activation.dat file to the trash.

ADE will be deauthorized now.

Now Authorize ADE again.

Now Authorize ADE again.

Windows:

Choose Start > Run.

In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.

In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept

Right-click the Adept key and choose Delete.

In the Confirm Key Delete dialog, click OK.

Your authorization will be deleted.

Now Authorize ADE again.

Error will be fixed !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2023 Jul 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem solved. Thank you! I can´t understand why Adobe cannot fix it in Adobe Digital Editions.

For me as a stupid user it makes a "Catch-22" situation...

Thank you once again//Tryggve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2023 Jul 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear, I need your help! Facing issues with digital services. Your expertise can solve problems effectively. Please share your opinions and solutions. My services are on https://www.ericlcox.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2023 Aug 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am going crazy!!  Thanks for your hints, but if I type /Library/Application Support/Adobe  >> Digital Editions does not even appear as choice. What can I do to find this activation.dat file? Greatful for your help! Soon off to holidays - without books????? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2019 Feb 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2023 Aug 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Facing challenges with your property management? Consider the effectiveness of the Philadelphia Property Management Solution providing hasle free services to solve your problms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2023 Aug 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Identity Limited's photo ID card printing services are top-notch! Their attention to detail and quality assurance is commendable. I highly recommend them for all your ID card printing needs. https://www.identity.ie/photo-id-card-printing-service/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2023 Aug 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect Peonies not only crafts beautiful gifts but also embodies the essence of meaningful and convenient gifting. As a women-owned business, their touch of care and innovation resonates profoundly, making them a go-to choice for spreading joy and appreciation. https://perfectpeonies.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2023 Sep 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Grow Property Management provides a comprehensive and insightful resource for property managers. It offers valuable guidance on effectively managing properties, which is essential for maintaining tenant satisfaction and property value. This guide is a must-have for anyone in the property management industry. https://philadelphiapropertymanagementsolution.com/10-responsibilities-of-a-property-manager/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines