Did you first find out which one of all specified icons is shown on the PGB page?
thx for replying me.
In fact no, I can't because it's old and I cannot track it back.
By the way my project changed from config.xml inside to config.xml outside (www directory).
I though the icon used was icon "web_hi_res_512.png"
My folder structure is:
app/res (contains all icons and splashscreens linked in config.xml)
app/www (contains the application)
I zip the whole "app" directory to submit to build
Does the "build site" read it (icon location *for website*) INSIDE the config.xml ?
You are not uploading what PGB expects.
Instead, do it this way:
- remove the directory /app, since it contains nothing and just wraps the root directory.
- in the root, you should at least have index.html, config.xml and icon.png (the default icon!!)
- everything else may be in the root or in any directory under the root.
Sorry but you are wrong, following words can help you too (btw my problem stay unsolved).
My problem is:
Where phonegapbuild website search for the icon to be shown on the website (NOT in the os when installed) ?
Since some months (don't ask me) PhonegapBuild support correctly the described folder structure (I think it's called CLI structure or something like that)
The good is that you can have:
- res (or your_name) folder (whit icons and splashscreen) separated from www, so your apk/ipa will be lighter than old structure (everything inside www)
- you can override files with some other directories for each target os
- config.xml stay outside www
For me that way it build correctly (so the problem is not: build / don't)
as you suggested the problem was the name of the icon in the root.
I changed it to "icon.png"
It is outside www and outside res, in /app root.
Now it shows correctly.
(if you remove the things about changing the folder structure I mark your reply as THE answer, I don't do it now because can be misleading)