• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Linking Index Keywords to Specific Topic Content

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2008 Oct 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to be able to link index keywords from the Index to specifc anchor targets within a Topic's page. can I do this? If so, how? I have been reading up on referencing and there are Bookmarks, Reference Links, and See Also. What is the differnence between each technique? Can someone provide some guidance on this issue? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

A bookmark is known as a "Named Anchor" in the world of HTML. Basically it offers a place to link to inside a topic. So the general process is to insert the bookmark, then construct an index term that links to the bookmark.

See Also is a bit more involved. Essentially you define one or more See Also keywords, then link one or more topics to the keyword. You then insert a See Also control that points to the keyword. When the end user clicks the trigger for the control, the list of topics associated with the See Also keyword(s) is presented.

Sorry, but you are losing me when you say "Reference Links". I'm unfamiliar with that particular term.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Ok, Thanks alot Rick!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp