• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Synching settings between computers

Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently had to switch computers/workstations at work. I was working off an older tower, and have switched to a new trash can mac. I made sure to sync my settings from AE to the cloud so that I could use my personalized work layout that I have saved. Now, when I sign into the cloud on the new computer, and open up AE, my settings are not synced. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What settings aren't synced? Some things just don't go through the Cloud yet for syncing purposes (workspaces, for example)..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gotcha. Yea, I was hoping for my worspaces to sync. Now I've updated both computers so that they both have AE CC 2017, I was able to migrate my old settings onto the old computer just fine....when I opened AE CC 2017 it said it detected settings that could migrate from an older version (13.8). I hit yes and it worked out great. I did the same thing on the new computer, only when it detected the older settings to migrate, it gave me two option...settings from 13.8 or settings from 14.1.....for some reason I picked 14.1 and of course it doesn't have the save workspaces I was looking for. How can I go back and migrate my settings from the 13.8 version, where I assume my saved workspaces were? Or is there a better way? Sorry if my description isn't great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jonathand33718077 wrote:

I did the same thing on the new computer, only when it detected the older settings to migrate, it gave me two option...settings from 13.8 or settings from 14.1.....for some reason I picked 14.1 and of course it doesn't have the save workspaces I was looking for. How can I go back and migrate my settings from the 13.8 version, where I assume my saved workspaces were? Or is there a better way? Sorry if my description isn't great.

You can uninstall and reinstall CC 2017. Happily, the new installer technology the CC app uses makes that process go a lot more quickly than it used to!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, I ended up doing that. Unfortunately it made no difference once I reinstalled AE...it would not give me the option to migrate my older settings....I ending up just rearranging a new workspace and saving it. Major let down....I'm sure there was something I did wrong along the way, but I'm unable to figure it out. Thanks for your help, appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 09, 2017 Feb 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No problem. Thanks for following up!

At least this gave you the chance to rethink your workspace!

I keep adding or upgrading monitors, adding new script UI panels, and changing my workflow, so I'm somewhat frequently making new workspaces and editing old ones anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines