• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Major problems [with LR6. Unable to fully import groups of photos from different folders]

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased and loaded a copy of Lightroom 6.   Since installing I have tried to load photographs in several different methods.  Nothing I have tried has worked.  After a major shoot I tried to load photographs in 12 different groupings forming 12 separate folders.  I loaded the photos on the external HD in the directories of choice.  After numerous attempts of trying to load the photos I have 12 folders with only 1/3 to 1/2 of the photos loaded properly.  These files have been converted to DNG and renamed but the rest of the photos in that folder are untouched.  I have no idea where my mistake has been made.  I need some expert help.       Thanx.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Perhaps you need to go back to a simpler method of Importing images.

The "several different methods" may be confusing you.

Note that if you are using the "Copy to DNG" method you are creating copies of your images somewhere in your computer, and 'numerous attempts' may well be creating chaos in your image folders.

Can I suggest -back to basics.

Import from folders on your hard-drive by 1. Select the "Source" folder,  2. Choose the ''Add" option, 3. [Import]

You can do Re-naming, add metadata, Conver

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Perhaps you need to go back to a simpler method of Importing images.

The "several different methods" may be confusing you.

Note that if you are using the "Copy to DNG" method you are creating copies of your images somewhere in your computer, and 'numerous attempts' may well be creating chaos in your image folders.

Can I suggest -back to basics.

Import from folders on your hard-drive by 1. Select the "Source" folder,  2. Choose the ''Add" option, 3. [Import]

You can do Re-naming, add metadata, Convert to DNG, move files & folders- all at a later date.

Use an import screen similar to this-

ScreenShot130.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines