Exit

Talking Back to Your Computer

Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac: InDesign CC unexpectedly quit.

Me: No, I expected it.

Do you talk back to your computer--and I don't mean voice controlling Siri, Cortana, or whomever. I mean, do you talk to, shout at, curse, or otherwise speak to your computer? What do you say?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can often be heard saying "ah c'mon, gimme a break!!!"  or "don't do that!!"

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No... but my wife and I share an office (3rd bedroom converted to computer room) and she talks to her computer CONSTANTLY !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pariah Burke wrote:

Mac: InDesign CC unexpectedly quit.

Me: No, I expected it.

Do you talk back to your computer--and I don't mean voice controlling Siri, Cortana, or whomever. I mean, do you talk to, shout at, curse, or otherwise speak to your computer? What do you say?

Does your computer have any witty comebacks for when you are particularly scathing?   I'm thinking that Google Home, and Amazon Echo have all sorts of potential for hacking pranks, either remotely, or locally via young Johnny the geek, who has fixed up a remote mic so he can scare the pants off mum and dad.

He'd need to practice his HAL 9000 voice...

"Hello Dave.  How has your day been?"

"I took the liberty of selling all your Facebook and Google stock, and taken a punt on Donald Trump getting a second term.  The odds were too good to say ignore"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, yes! Usually some expletives. I do this to my phone also when the Google maps is telling me to go a direction that I know it not very good. I sometimes get an answer back, "I'm sorry, I didn't catch that."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pariah Burke wrote:

You mean there are people who don't? Now that is weird!

--OB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL.....  When we put Suri on the Macs at work we had fun hours.  Ever make a computer cry? We did!  Suri was quite upset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a guy who is furious literally all the time and with machine and every program behind me at work, I have to try and stifle my giggles when he is having a rage outbreak.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2017 Feb 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I routinely hold running conversations with myself when I think I'm alone. I surprised myself the other day in the grocery store—I was going over my dinner menu while wearing earbuds. I suddenly realized I was talking out loud. I'm going to pretend people thought I was on the phone. With another human.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2017 Feb 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ummm, I do that too, but without the earbuds. My wife catches me sometimes, and asks, if I'm talking to myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2017 Feb 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I talk back to telephone robots — especially those that are not well programmed, and especially after learning from someone who programs them for a living what they can do when programmed by experts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I talk back to this forum software lately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Late this afternoon we had a long drive to a dinner meeting in a rural area near us. Halfway there, my husband suddenly said, "Hello!" "Are you saying hello to me," I asked. "No—not you. I've never seen that pond before," he replied.

#talkstoponds

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'Where did it go?'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not often but, when I do, it generally involves words that are prohibited from use on the Adobe forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines