• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copying glyphs from Character Map not working!

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I have been working with Photoshop CC 2014 (32 bit) on my PC (Windows 7 Enterprise) for a couple of months. I was using the character map to copy symbols (simple stuff, greek letters mainly!) into graphs using Photoshop. For some reason, this has stopped working for me since a couple of weeks ago: every time I copy a delta symbol, I get a "d". I was trying to copy directly from Microsoft Word and this worked for a couple days until it started copying an empty square. So basically, no direct copying and pasting is working for me now. Has anyone experienced something similar? Is it possible that I messed up some configuration in Photoshop that is now preventing me from pasting special characters properly? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Rosalba

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Are you using the same fonts? Some fonts may not have the glyphs.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the same fonts? Some fonts may not have the glyphs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi! Thanks for your comment. I was using Times New Roman or Arial, and that didn't work, I checked and now changed it to Symbol (as in the character map), and they do copy correctly! I can't believe the solution was so simple (and how I didn't remember how I was doing it before). Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines