3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 9, 2017 4:27 PM by Test Screen Name

Acrobat DC Pro

au_Business_Owner

Dear Adobe,

The latest Acrobat DC Pro has an excellent feature that enables comparison of two documents, which I have trialled.

However, it does not work if one or both of the documents is password protected.

Document comparison seems very benign.  I propose that Adobe consider updating the software to either:

- make document comparison independent of password protection ; or

- provide an option to disable locking of document protection when documents are protected.

Should this issue be addressed I would definitely purchase Adobe DC Pro!

• 1. Re: Acrobat DC Pro
          Test Screen Name Most Valuable Participant

Fortunately, I think this is unlikely to happen. The problem is that it creates a new document showing the changes, which is not protected. It would be quite wrong for anything in a protected document to be automatically put into an unprotected one. So, a nuisance, but necessary.

• 2. Re: Acrobat DC Pro
            au_Business_Owner Level 1

Thank you for your feedback!

I 100% agree that creating an unprotected document from a protected document is not a good outcome.

Then assuming that creation of a new unprotected document is a necessary part of the process, why not have the software automatically re-protect the new document in cases where one or both of the original(s) are protected?

I am new to this forum and I would really like Adobe's feedback on this too and I am not sure how best to have them also respond.

• 3. Re: Acrobat DC Pro
              Test Screen Name Most Valuable Participant

Ah, but which of the two files should be the model for security? Actually I've never seen a case of a new document modelling the securitry of the old, there may be a technical reason for that.