Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lost the ability to copy and paste subclips between video files in Prelude

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I use Prelude to ingest and add metadata to multiple angles of a sports event.

I usually watch the master angle, then copy and paste all the subclips to the other angles, synced up by a comment which is the common starting point.

However, in the latest version of Prelude, I can't copy and paste between subclips anymore. I select all and hit copy, but can't paste into the same video file or another file.

I've tested it out on both PC and Mac and get the same issue (both up to date). 

Any ideas for solutions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Hi peterq40907648,

Sorry for the problem.

Yeah.. I confirm there is an issue with this copy-paste workflow.

We will surely look into this.

Thanks for highlighting this. Customers' feedback is v important for us. Keep writing in case of any confusion.

Thanks,

Mayank

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi peterq40907648,

Sorry for the problem.

Yeah.. I confirm there is an issue with this copy-paste workflow.

We will surely look into this.

Thanks for highlighting this. Customers' feedback is v important for us. Keep writing in case of any confusion.

Thanks,

Mayank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate the reply, though I'm disappointed to learn that there's currently no solution. 

Praying for an update quickly because this feature is really necessary for my work, particularly, being able to comb through multiple angles of the same event quickly to find highlights.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi peterq40907648,

You can achieve this up to v extent with Unassociated Metadata panel.(from Window-->Unassociated Metadata)

-Just select the clip in project panel and right click-->Send to Unassociated Metadata

-Select the file from the left: All markers would be seen in the right pane.

-Select/open any other file in the Timeline where you would like to enter the markers from the previous file

-Select those markers which you would like to see in the opened clip from the Unassociated metadata

-Open Clip and markers will be visible in the new file

Unassociated Metadata 2.png

Although it would only allow a single entry of any marker in the new file. (Will throw error if done multiple times for the same marker in the window->Events panel)

I hope it help.

Thanks,

Mayank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi peterq40907648,

This problem is resolved with latest version of CC, please download latest Prelude.

Thanks

Nikhil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources