Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Motion tracking

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all. Please help.....

I am now the owner of a high performing Apple computer which so far I am happy with. My question, When I'm using  the motion tracking tool in adobe after effects with titles or callout titles the motion tracker does not leave a nice smooth track once complete. The track is somewhat jittery and not smooth! I have looked at clips on youtube re motion tracking and their's is always supper smooth and follows the point to a T! Can somebody please help with any hints or tips? So frustrated! Thanks in advance. Mick

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Entirely depends on the settings vs. the footage. Jittery tracks could indicate vibrations on the camera or too small tracking areas, but at the same time things like interalcing issues, rolling shutter, compression artifacts in the footage etc. can have all sorts of influence and then there's also lens curvature, auto-contrast on the camera and whatnot. It#s a complex subject with no generic recipe. It might be a good idea to show us some clips and screenshots...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are probably not selecting a big enough detail area to track. The default detail area, the inside box, is usually not large enough to give you a really good track unless you are using very carefully shot footage with a professional camera. Compression, motion blur and a bunch of other factors cause tracking errors.

Even with tracking errors, if you carefully monitor the track while it is happening and make the proper adjustments to repair the track.

There is also a script available that can smooth our a motion track.

I would suggest that you study up on motion tracking by reading the help files and checking out some more community resources. The easiest way to  find info would be to type track motion in the search help field at the top right corner of After Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines