1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 8, 2017 11:45 AM by Karl Heinz Kremer

Reducing file size & optimizing pdf files

tjoppru

When I optimize a pdf or reduce file size. It will allow me to do one file. When I try the second file it will not allow me to save it to the same hard drive as the first file. I have to save it to a different location and then after that file I can go back to the original location to save the next file. This keeps going back and forth I am constantly having to change the save location. Any ideas why?

I have Acrobat X 10.1.16 on OS X El Capitan 10.11.6

Thank you

• 1. Re: Reducing file size & optimizing pdf files
          Karl Heinz Kremer Adobe Community Professional

Acrobat X was never supported on Mac OS X 10.11 (support ended with with Mac OS X 10.9: Overview — Acrobat and Adobe Reader Release Notes ) This means that what you are experiencing is very likely due to an incompatibility between Acrobat X and El Capitan. You have two choices: You can either downgrade your operating system to something that is supported by Acrobat X, or you can upgrade Acrobat to Acrobat DC, which is supported on El Capitan. The best way to downgrade the OS  is by running Acrobat in a virtual machine that uses a supported operating system on top of El Capitan. I am using Parallels Desktop and have a number of different older Mac OS X versions installed (going back to Snow Leopard).