• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Started project too small... do I have to re-do everything or...?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.  I searched for some info on this but I probably didn't use the best terms because I couldn't find an answer.

I am working on my project but realize I've drawn everything too small.  When I zoom out to 100% it's not terrible or anything, but it just looks infinitely better at 175-250%.  Will also be able to justify spending time on all the small details if viewed at this size.

I've already spent a few days drawing many pieces. 

Do I have to restart from scratch and draw everything bigger, or is there a way I can tell the final output to display automatically at whatever %?

I'm drawing with the brush tool.  I tried using transform tool to resize some pieces, but the distortion of the details just makes it better to re-draw. 

Thank you for any advise! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

click the backstage or an empty part of your stage.

in the properties panel tick 'scale content'

resize your stage

test

Screenshot - 2_8_2017 , 5_43_49 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!  That's probably what I'm looking for.  Or would be.

Unfortunately I have CS5 at it doesn't seem this was added until 5.5.

D'oh :T.  I guess it's time to re-draw then...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could select all of the frames of your timeline and paste them into a new movieclip in the Library. Then Copy that new movieclip, and paste it in the library of a new FLA, that is at the big size you want to work. Once it's pasted you would then drag it onto the new stage, and use the free transform tool to resize it to fill the new stage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in addition to Colin Holgate​ 's suggestion, you could just leave your current project alone and use another swf to load it.

you could then scale the loaded (too small) swf using your loader's content property.  that would be the quickest and easiest way to handle this if you can't scale your stage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Fluffiest Bunny wrote:

I'm drawing with the brush tool. I tried using transform tool to resize some pieces, but the distortion of the details just makes it better to re-draw.

Explain what you mean by distortion. If you just select-all and group the vectors in one of your clips, then increase the scale factor in the Transform window, it should scale up perfectly.

Resolution-independence is kind of the entire point of vector artwork, so you shouldn't have to redraw anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I thought.  But then again I generally paint.  Vectors are new for me.

I drew something fairly large with the intention to scale it down.  Upon doing so, all my sharp edges became round and it just looked like a blobby imitation of the original. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ahh, yes, that's a thing with Flash/Animate vectors... when scaling them directly, it does NOT scale line widths. There are two ways around this--

1. Select everything and do Modify -> Shape -> Convert Lines to Fills. This is irreversible.

2. Leave the raw artwork alone, scale the stage instance instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines