• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cannot open .indd sample files

Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded sample files from the website and cannot open them or import them into my library. InDesign cc 2017.0

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

I chose File > Open in InDesign, and I also tried using Windows explorer (double clicking/ right click> open) in Windows 7. nothing worked

Here's the thing..I just now got one to open using Windows explorer while leaving the InDesign program closed. It started the program and displayed the file. But when I closed the file and tried to open in with InDesign, same thing - won't open. I had no trouble opening .indd files I have previously saved.

I solved the issue by moving the files to a different f

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What website? What files? What is the message when you try to open them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Web page

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/how-to/business-card-design.html?playlist=/ccx/v1/collection/produc...

Files

business-card-design.indd

color-logo.indd

logo-white.indd

No message, they simply do not open. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The files are fine. EXACTLY how are you trying to open them? (From Mac Finder or Windows Explorer by double-clicking? By choosing File > Open in InDesign?) What operating system are you running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I chose File > Open in InDesign, and I also tried using Windows explorer (double clicking/ right click> open) in Windows 7. nothing worked

Here's the thing..I just now got one to open using Windows explorer while leaving the InDesign program closed. It started the program and displayed the file. But when I closed the file and tried to open in with InDesign, same thing - won't open. I had no trouble opening .indd files I have previously saved.

I solved the issue by moving the files to a different folder. Must be something wrong with permissions or something. When I have time I'll try to figure it out.

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it sounds like a permissions issue with the location where they were stored. Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2019 Jun 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too can't open the files needed for training

No matter whether I try to open them from InDesign itself or from Internet Explorer, I get the following error message:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of InDesign are you running? What is the source of the files you're opening?

The most likely reason is that you are running an older version of InDesign than the version which created the files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The files that you are clicking on are not InDesign files, but rather resource forks of InDesign files from a MacOS system. That is obvious by the name that starts with ._ — double click on the file that has the same name less the ._ characters. If there is no such file in the directory, whoever sent the files to you sent the wrong files from a Mac-based system.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines