• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Highlighting a pdf (in document cloud) on my ipad

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But the highlights do not show up when I view same pdf from my computer.

Shouldn't the marks/highlights/notes I add to the document when in the cloud show up on all devices.

It doesn't do much good to use the document cloud if I can't add notes and highlights and have that available regardless

of device.

Can anyone help?  Am I missing some important set up or step?

Thanks.

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2017 Apr 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same thing happened when I highlighted some pdf documents from my Android tablet, then opening the document on my laptop and phone. I found out that I needed to close the document (or go to the My Documents menu) in the tablet I was working on, and then a "Document saved" notification appeared, and then it would open with the highlighting on the other devices. Hope this helps anyone else reading this.

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 09, 2017 Feb 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alissae90487357,

Please confirm how exactly you save the files on your device.

Also, you may refer to the steps in the following link for saving the files and then try replicating the issue and see if it still happens:

Acrobat Reader Help for iOS: Managing files and folders

Thanks,

Supriya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 09, 2017 Feb 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alissae90487357,

After adding any kinds of annotations such as Highlights/Underline/Strikethrough/Notes to the PDF on the Document Cloud through the Web Browser, please make sure to click the “<” next to the filename at the top of the left hand corner to close the document in order to save the newly added annotations.

DC1.png

Then open the same file on any devices, the annotations should be shown up.

Hope this help,

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2017 Apr 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same thing happened when I highlighted some pdf documents from my Android tablet, then opening the document on my laptop and phone. I found out that I needed to close the document (or go to the My Documents menu) in the tablet I was working on, and then a "Document saved" notification appeared, and then it would open with the highlighting on the other devices. Hope this helps anyone else reading this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I also faced this issue but it doesn't seem to be an problem anymore now that I know what to look for.

A document open on my ipad would sync highlights made from my laptop, but not the other way around. I scoured the internet for more info but couldn't find anything. I opened the document on my laptop a couple days later and to my suprise all the highlights had successfully synced. It's now a weekend and highlights made from my ipad show up rapidly on my laptop. I originally had the issue during a weekday, so I'm guessing Adobe servers are more busy with document processing then. Hope this helps someone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines