• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help improve Adobe Products, Photography

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe dialogue box for Photoshop’s “Help improve Adobe Products” did not have enough room for my suggestion so I thought I would post it here to see what others thought.  

I would focus more heavily on your mobile apps and social media photography. The Photography plan audience you are currently seeking to enlarge will already use or learn Photoshop eventually thanks to your current marketing strategies. Refocus on the larger group of mobile photographers who currently either do not know about Photoshop or think they do not need it. To better understand this audience you need to realize that these people likely only know the photography capabilities of their own phone or free apps, and do not even realize any of the benefits Photoshop or your other apps would have on their pictures, videos, or social media.

However, I would further separate your audiences between professional and non-professional. Because the non-professional audience leans towards only using their phone you could further separate this audience into the social media photography category. Usability testing will show you that this group is not after the robustness of your great mobile apps but instead they are after making their photograph or video as cool or eye catching as possible in the few minutes before they upload it.

In conclusion I would create a new plan for $5 called either social media, social media photography, or mobile photography. Create a new app that combines the tools this audience is after; I would call it Photoshop social, and also include adobe spark. Because of the psychological effect caused by Starbucks and other coffee companies charging around $5 for coffee, people are currently more willing to spend $5 instead of $10 on something new. So take advantage of this to get more people to start using your apps on a monthly basis, but include for free with the first month all the apps in the photography plan. Do this for two reasons, first it gives them the chance to play around with and see the robustness of your apps, and two because once people are already spending $5 a month they will be much more likely to spend $5 more to get all the extra capabilities even if they do not use them all. This would increase your market share in the social media category. In turn the increased knowledge of what your apps are capable of in an audience that previously did not know what they could do would also bring in even more new users from people around the social media audience.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an open forum with "some" Adobe staff participation, use the links below to make a report

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform for feature requests

-or Feedback forum https://forums.adobe.com/community/creative_cloud/desktop-app/content

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2017 Feb 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<I would further separate your audiences between professional and non-professional.>

I think Adobe has already distinguished between pro and non-pro users at least in its desktop applications.

Photoshop Extended & Lightroom are aimed at users with photography equipment (digital cameras, tripods, lenses, lights, meters, filters, etc...)  While Photoshop Elements caters more to  consumer users who snap pictures with their mobile device & upload to social media.   There's a big difference in price, too.

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2017 Feb 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because of the psychological effect caused by Starbucks and other coffee companies charging around $5 for coffee, people are currently more willing to spend $5 instead of $10 on something new.

I remember paying 10¢ for coffee. I wonder if Starbucks would drum up more business if they reduced their prices to something I wanted to pay? Maybe, but then they wouldn't be able to pay a fair wage to their workers or for other costs, such as supplies and rent.

The Photography program is a huge bargain, imho. Think of it as a glass of wine instead of a cup of coffee.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2017 Feb 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

jane-e wrote:

The Photography program is a huge bargain, imho. Think of it as a glass of wine instead of a cup of coffee.

Agreed.  But more like an entire case of wine

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines