Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why Dreamweaver CC is preventing sleep

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Why Dreamweaver CC is preventing sleep on my Macbook Pro? It disables app nap and drain my battery.

i.e.:

pid 17675(Dreamweaver): [0x0000e3600001a3ee] 33:03:32 PreventUserIdleSystemSleep named: "Disable app nap for Dreamweaver CC"

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

This issue has been fixed in 2017.5, released this month, and confirmed by affected users.

Thank you Niharika and team for tracking and fixing this one.

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not 100% certain about this, as i use a pc, so i did not take very much interest in the problem.

There was a problem with Dw when the computer went into sleep mode on the mac. I cannot remember what it was though, as i said, I didn't take much interest in it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 09, 2017 Feb 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you give us more details on this issue-

1. Is it happening everytime whenever the mac goes to sleep mode?

2. Is DW on when sleep mode is being enabled?

3. Can you send us a screenshot of the processes listed on the Activity Monitor?

4. Can you send us a screenshot of this error message that you get?

Also, what version and build number are you using for DW, plus mac OS version you are using?

Regards,

Niharika Gupta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2017 Feb 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Niharika,

Whenever Dreamweaver is started, without any file opened, it enables prevent sleep option. It's happening everytime.

Dreamweaver must be shut down to disable prevent sleep option, and this is a problem when you work on several files and have something else to do (it consumes battery for nothing and keep entire Mac alive on the network).

This can be tracked with activity monitor or terminal.

The PreventUserIdleSystemSleep is not an issue, but the output of pmset command.

If this is a feature to reduce latency for Dreamweaver, this should be 'on demand' and not activated by default.

I'm using Dreamweaver 2017.0.1 build 9346 with macOS Sierra 10.12.3 (Macbook Pro Retina 15-inch, Mid 2015).

In terminal:

pmset -g assertions

2017-02-10 19:12:33 +0100

Assertion status system-wide:

BackgroundTask                 0

ApplePushServiceTask           0

UserIsActive                   1

PreventUserIdleDisplaySleep    0

PreventSystemSleep             0

ExternalMedia                  0

PreventUserIdleSystemSleep     1

NetworkClientActive            0

Listed by owning process:

pid 112(hidd): [0x00035c2c00099e9f] 00:54:41 UserIsActive named: "com.apple.iohideventsystem.queue.tickle.4294989570.3"

Timeout will fire in 598 secs Action=TimeoutActionRelease

pid 51446(Dreamweaver): [0x000366140001a029] 00:02:59 PreventUserIdleSystemSleep named: "Disable app nap for Dreamweaver CC"

Kernel Assertions: 0x100=MAGICWAKE

id=501  level=255 0x100=MAGICWAKE mod=10/02/2017 18:47 description=en0 owner=en0

Idle sleep preventers: IODisplayWrangler

Or in activity monitor:

Capture d’écran 2017-02-10 à 19.12.14.png

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 16, 2017 Feb 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for providing all the details- we are investigating into this.

However, disabling app nap is as designed in Dreamweaver but it should not be preventing sleep anyways.

Just wanted to confirm if you are also getting some error message/pop- up when you try to put your MAC to sleep or is it by seeing on the terminal or activity monitor only you are able to say that it is preventing sleep?

Regards,

Niharika Gupta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2017 Feb 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Niharika,

No error message nor pop-up when putting Mac to sleep, but unexpected battery drain and activity monitor 'prevent sleep' enabled (confirmed with terminal) impacts time available to work without power (by customer for example).

Deactivating App Nap is fine, not preventing sleep.

FYI, support case related to this issue: 0221123175

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are not able to reproduce this at our end, we will need specific scenarios where this is happening. Are there any specific files that you are working on which causes battery drain? Also, have you setup some ftp connection- local/remote server which is causing this?

Can you share us a screenshot of the server setup window?

Regards,

Niharika Gupta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Niharika,

Nothing, when Dreamweaver is started, it prevent system to sleep. Without sleeping, whole system is still running and consume battery.

I cannot exit Dreamweaver each time, I've on-going work.

Attached a screenshot of Dreamweaver without any file opened, and activity monitor showing application preventing sleep.

prevent_sleep.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for the screenshot, I can also see that Preventing Sleep field turned on Yes for Dreamweaver CC.

But I just wanted to confirm whether it is actually draining battery on sleep mode, as in you detach your charger from the laptop, open Dreamweaver, put your laptop to sleep manually (note the battery % now) and then come back after 1/1.5 hours to check on the battery, do you see any differences in the battery percentage? Can you send us screenshots of both the stages- before and after sleep?

Regards,

Niharika Gupta

Adobe Dreamweaver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Providing more info on what Niharika said. Can you do this for us to help us fix this issue?

1. Detach your charger from the laptop
  2. launch Dreamweaver and open some files
  3. Put your laptop to sleep manually (note the battery % now)
  4. Come back after 1/1.5 hours to check on the battery
  5. Do you see any differences in the battery percentage? Can you send us screenshots of both the stages- before and after sleep?

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, If the laptop is forced to sleep manually, percentage is decreasing slowly. When you work, you sometime have to go away from computer, therefore with sleep disabled, auto sleep is not working...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for all the support. We have fixed this issue at our end, and you will be able to see it in the next release- Dw 17.5 soon.

Regards,

Niharika Gupta

Adobe Dreamweaver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This issue has been fixed in 2017.5, released this month, and confirmed by affected users.

Thank you Niharika and team for tracking and fixing this one.

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines