3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 21, 2008 12:09 PM by Newsgroup_User

Is it possible to resize an HTML object to fit entirely in a layout control?

jcahill23 Level 1
      Hi.
      The <mx:Application> I created is 800 x 600 pixels.
      There is a canvas layout control 400 x 300 in which I have placed an HTML objeet <mx:HTML id="browser" location=" http://www......" />
      I want the webpage to resize to 400 x 300...so that the full web page is visible within the layout control so the user doesn't have to use the vertical/horizontal scroll bars.
      Is that possible?

Thanks for the help.
        • 1. Re: Is it possible to resize an HTML object to fit entirely in a layout control?
          Level 7

"jcahill23" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:gikqv5$ahi$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > Hi.
          > The <mx:Application> I created is 800 x 600 pixels.
          > There is a canvas layout control 400 x 300 in which I have placed an HTML
          > objeet <mx:HTML id="browser" location=" http://www......" />
          > I want the webpage to resize to 400 x 300...so that the full web page is
          > visible within the layout control so the user doesn't have to use the
          > vertical/horizontal scroll bars.
          > Is that possible?
          >
          > Thanks for the help.

didn't width="100%" height ="100%" work?

• 2. Re: Is it possible to resize an HTML object to fit entirely in a layout control?
            jcahill23 Level 1
            Amy, thanks for replying.
            You are right that the size of the HTML object is resized to the area of the canvas (400 x 300).
            But because the HTML object is only 400 x 300 the entire web page isn't in view.
            What I would like to do is make the actual webpage (eg. the Google homepage, Facebook homepage, etc.) resized so that it fits completely without the user having to use a vertical or horizontal scroll bar to scroll around the page. B/c the canvas is only 400 x 300 if the user wants to log in to facebook they have to use the vertical scroll bar to scroll up to the login area. I was hoping to just shrink the web page down so that everything is in view.
            Not sure that is possible.
            Hope that makes sense.

Thanks.
            • 3. Re: Is it possible to resize an HTML object to fit entirely in a layout control?
              Level 7

"jcahill23" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
              news:gils7c$kio$1@forums.macromedia.com...
              > Amy, thanks for replying.
              > You are right that the size of the HTML object is resized to the area of
              > the
              > canvas (400 x 300).
              > But because the HTML object is only 400 x 300 the entire web page isn't in
              > view.
              > What I would like to do is make the actual webpage (eg. the Google
              > homepage,
              > Facebook homepage, etc.) resized so that it fits completely without the
              > user
              > having to use a vertical or horizontal scroll bar to scroll around the
              > page.
              > B/c the canvas is only 400 x 300 if the user wants to log in to facebook
              > they
              > have to use the vertical scroll bar to scroll up to the login area. I was
              > hoping to just shrink the web page down so that everything is in view.
              > Not sure that is possible.
              > Hope that makes sense.

I think that if it were possible you'd need to take a screen capture and
              scale that. But I'm not sure you can make a screen capture of that control.

I'm fairly sure that you can't scale someone else's HTML content unless you
              could somehow inject your own CSS.