Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error 16 when opening After Effects

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2017 Feb 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone,

I am very new to the Adobe Creative Cloud program and I wanted to use After effects as a form of making/editing videos.

I install both ACC and AE, everything works fine, so then I'd shut down my pc and go to sleep like everyone else would.

Boot my PC up the next morning only to find out that ACC decided to corrupt and return with Error 16 upon opening ACC or any installed apps.

What is the problem and how do I fix it?

Thanks to anyone who reads this in advance

Edit: I tried to reinstall ACC again, but the program somehow didn't detect AE or anything else even though I installed it yesterday. I just want to also know if anyone else has this issue, or is it just Windows 10 being bad?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 09, 2017 Feb 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

See this article.

As an aside, you don't want to use After Effects to do video editing. Premiere Pro is much more suited to that task than After Effects. After Effects is for adding motion graphics, doing visual effects, and compositing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines