• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to combine multiple adobe Indesign documents ?

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2017 Feb 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Sir/Madam

PLEASE HELP.

How could we combine multiple adobe indesign documents into one pdf into adobe indesign cs6.

Please note : I don't want to use book and adobe acrobat. I want to use only adobe indesign cs6 or cc.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor , Feb 09, 2017 Feb 09, 2017

@Willi Adelberger

See in the first post -

>> Please note : I don't want to use book and adobe acrobat.

Topic starter want the spherical horse in a vacuum.

Don't want merging. Want some as you can do in the MS Explorer with .doc files - select files - right click - print.

I think that is a task for some script writer.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can place indd into indd.

http://indesignsecrets.com/zanelli-releases-multipageimporter-for-importing-both-pdf-and-indd-files....

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't want to combine both .indd files into a .indd document. I wanted to generate a merged pdf of both .indd files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

joginderk27108121 wrote:

I don't want to combine both .indd files into a .indd document. I wanted to generate a merged pdf of both .indd files.

Then you will need to Save/Print both InDesign documents as PDFs and then use some type of PDF creator/editor program to combine those 2 PDF documents into one PDF.

No other way around it. Of course you could take the suggestion from above to combine the 2 ID documents into one ID document then Save/Print that document as a PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Further to this point just use Adobe Acrobat DC and combine/arrange PDF's directly from here. Otherwise just drag and drop Indesign Pages from one save file to another.

Otherwise just drag and drop Indesign Pages from one save file to another since you only want to use Indesign.

Additional PDF pages could always be placed or exported into the INDD file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi joginderk,

Why don't you want to use the Book panel? It would be the best workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create an INDB InDesign Book File, and add all INDD into that. Export your PDF from the INDB Book Panel Menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Willi Adelberger

See in the first post -

>> Please note : I don't want to use book and adobe acrobat.

Topic starter want the spherical horse in a vacuum.

Don't want merging. Want some as you can do in the MS Explorer with .doc files - select files - right click - print.

I think that is a task for some script writer.

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure why you want to avoid the solutions offered.

Unless you import your InDesign files into a single InDesign; InDesign does not really have a function to collate and compile several files into one other than the Book feature.

Maybe if you explained why you want to avoid the InDesign book feature we could help you better.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks dear

I'll try some script

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2018 Jul 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - did you find a script that will merge multiple InDesign file into one InDesign file? My printer needs my files in this way. Doesn't want "book" file. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2018 Jul 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Why don’t you send a PDF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do you not want the book functionality? IT IS PART OF INDESIGN! You don't need a different program. That is the easiest way.
It seems to me, that you don't know what the INDB functionality means in InDesign. Please learn it to use. That is the simplest solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

joginderk27108121 wrote:

Dear Sir/Madam

PLEASE HELP.

How could we combine multiple adobe indesign documents into one pdf into adobe indesign cs6.

Please note : I don't want to use book and adobe acrobat. I want to use only adobe indesign cs6 or cc.

To sum up:

You can use the book feature and make a PDF of the two documents. (non-destructive)

You can use Acrobat or another PDF editor to merge the PDFs (non-destructive)

You can combine the documents in InDesign using the Pages panel menu and moving pages (this could possibly cause problems)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Combining PDFs later in Acrobat may cause much bigger files than exporting an INDB as embedded fonts could be doubled and other shared resources will be saved several times, at least for each of them once. So it is better to export from an INDB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines