5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 13, 2017 10:40 AM by ChristopherSlye

Typekit fonts on iOS devices

2face Level 1

Is there any way to sync the Typekit fonts with iOS devices? Would be very helpful.

• 1. Re: Typekit fonts on iOS devices
          Ben, Typekit Support Adobe Employee

Hi 2face,

Not at this time. Sync fonts are for desktops only. If you use Comp CC, you can sync Typekit fonts to design with. This is something we're looking into and I'll share your request with the team.

Cheers,

Benjamin

• 2. Re: Typekit fonts on iOS devices
            2face Level 1

Thanks fpr your answer.  I have a little workaround transfering the fonts manually from the desktop to the iOS-devices with the Apple Configurator. It would be a little bit easier when the fonts could be synct in another way.... ;-)

• 3. Re: Typekit fonts on iOS devices
              ChristopherSlye Adobe Employee

Hi 2face. It is a violation of the Typekit Terms of Use to copy or move sync fonts. The fonts must remain under the control of Typekit and Adobe software at all times. You should read and understand the entire Terms of Use (http://www.adobe.com/go/typekit_terms ), but this is addressed specifically in Section 3.4.5:

“You are expressly prohibited from ... Attempting to copy, move or remove Licensed Content from ... the locations or folders on Your Computer where We have installed such Licensed Content, or otherwise attempting to access or Use the Licensed Content other than by subscribing directly to the Service Using the means We provide for such purposes”.

You need to immediately delete any Typekit font data that violates our TOU. Thanks.

Regards,

Christopher

• 4. Re: Typekit fonts on iOS devices
                2face Level 1

Hi Christopher,

thanks for your hint, but there´s no no need for me to do or delete something. My solution is no violation at all (why do you think so? You don´t know it at all...), it´s just impractical and in times of mobile devices annoying to figure out such workarounds. That´s why I asked...

"Is there any way to sync the Typekit fonts with iOS devices? Would be very helpful."

Ben said "nope", so I suggested to make syncing fonts a little bit easier.

No crime scene here at all. ;o)

• 5. Re: Typekit fonts on iOS devices
                  ChristopherSlye Adobe Employee

You implied that you had manually copied Typekit sync font data onto your iOS device -- which would violate our TOU. If you did not, that's great. Sorry if I misunderstood what you wrote.

Regards,

Christopher