• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe xD for earlier versions of Windows?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2017 Feb 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I saw a demo of Adobe Xd at MAX last year and was impressed, as it handled a need we desperately have. Unfortunately, our team is on Windows 8. Does anyone know if it will eventually be available on earlier versions of Windows, or just 10? I have no control over what version of Windows our IT department installs on our machines.

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 09, 2017 Feb 09, 2017

Hi, arendr31990208​-

Unfortunately, we're developing for UWP only, which isn't backwards compatible with other Windows operating systems. We have a little more information about this here: Adobe XD Windows Update | Creative Cloud blog by Adobe

Hopefully, you'll be able to encourage your IT department to consider upgrading.

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, arendr31990208​-

Unfortunately, we're developing for UWP only, which isn't backwards compatible with other Windows operating systems. We have a little more information about this here: Adobe XD Windows Update | Creative Cloud blog by Adobe

Hopefully, you'll be able to encourage your IT department to consider upgrading.

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Elaine,

That link is exactly the information I was trying to find.

My organization is in the tens of thousands, so I don't think I have much sway over IT's decisions. I would have to check, but perhaps we can ask for our machines to be upgraded individually. It's hard to justify an upgrade like that just to test a tool we may or may not end up using, though.

I'll try to test on a personal machine, for a start.

Thanks for your help!

Arend

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad you found the link useful, and good luck!

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines