• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Jumpy vector ONLY on render?

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2017 Feb 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a vector animation in AE. When previewing a certain section in AE, the animation is smooth and exactly as intended. But when I render the comp, it adds a twitchy effect to one of the vector pieces. I can't figure out why. There are no extra/stray keyframes, and sometimes when I render it using different settings it changes which part of the animation twitches. Any ideas what's happening here?

"Perfect" screencapture from AE:

Twitchy render of the same clip:

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 10, 2017 Feb 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. exact Ae version?
  2. try to purge the cache (edit-purge-all)
  3. are these layers set to 3D?
  4. specify your exact rendering workflow and settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AE version is 14.1.0.57

There are no 3d layers. I purged the cache and rendered with default settings ("best settings", "lossless").

Still didn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2017 Feb 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are your clips labeled correctly. The bottom one seems smooth - but I would add a little motion blur and thicken up the lines on the money because there's a little judder. The top one plays just like the bottom one but about half way through there is a jump in the motion that looks a lot to me like a cache problem. If AE is Up to date and you purged everything before rendering then I suggest that you render a lossless copy, check it a frame at a time for smoothness, and then compress your deliverable file using the Adobe Media Encoder and the appropriate preset for your frame size. If you do not have a good understanding of compression and video formats you need to stay away from custom composition settings. The presets work just fine for 99% of all rendering for delivery. That's why there are there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of the bills "jumps" when it appears, right before falling. You can see it on that second video. That's the issue I'm seeing.

This sounds good. I'll try what you recommend. I've only been using AE for a few weeks so I'm still learning how it works, and your walkthrough sounds very helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: I did some testing, and deleted the dollar that twitches. After another render, a different dollar twitches now (in the same place the original did). Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try to narrow down your project until only the problem appears. see when it "breaks" and if you can - upload the project so we can see what's the cause (use any cloud service)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My guess would be to check the keyframes of the one note that is jumping very carefully. Zoom in to that section in the timeline. Checking for multiple keyframes in that section (though you say there's no extra/stray keyframes so that may not be a problem), and also scrubbing that section of the timeline to see where it occurs/what keyframes might be involved. I'd also check that section and the keyframes in the Graph editor to see if there's something unusual happening (if the graph looks wrong, maybe also check the interpolation methods, the bezier curves/handles).

But if most people won't notice it it may be okay to leave it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would render a lossless copy and check it a frame at a time in PPro or AE. It there are jumps in the animation when you check it a frame at a time and there is nothing funky with your keyframes (check the modified properties of all layers by pressing uu) it is most likely cache problem.

If it looks fine when you check a frame at a time and you render a H.264 MP4 using the AME and one of the standard presets and it plays back and is jumpy then it's a speed and frame rate / refresh rate problem that can only be fixed by changing the speed of the animation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines