• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Red frames in my DVDs

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2017 Feb 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen a few threads on this, but can't seem to find a workable solution. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I am burning DVDs from .m4v and .ac3 files using Encore on Mac OS Sierra, 10.12.3. Before transcoding, the timeline looks normal. But when I starting building my disc and transcoding, I notice the first frame goes bright red. Once complete and when I play back my DVD, there are a few seconds of random red frames, typically at the beginning. I have about 130 different films to build DVDs for, and 95% of them so far have been perfectly fine, I've only had this issue with a few. The films came to me on an external hard drive and should all be standardized, except for frame rates. I did not create the projects in Premiere. I'm simply taking the finished files from the hard drive, importing them as timelines into Encore, and burning the discs. This program is fairly new to me, so I'm struggling through this one a bit. Thank you for any help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

The DVD spec requires a certain type of MPEG-2 file to create a DVD - nothing else will work. Yes, you can import other file types into Encore, but Encore will transcode (convert) to MPEG-2 behind the scenes. Encore apparently does not like what you are feeding it.

Try this - put the existing .m4v and .ac3 source files in a Premiere timeline, then export as MPEG-2 DVD. That will create files that are compatible with Encore. Then in Encore, import the .m2v and .wav audio together using Import As T

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2017 Feb 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>building my disc and transcoding

If Encore is transcoding, that means that the files you were given are not "legal" to go on a DVD, so Encore is having to make them legal

Exactly what is INSIDE the video you are editing?

Report back with the codec details of your file, use the programs below... A screen shot works well to SHOW people what you are doing - For Windows Internet Explorer press the PRINT SCREEN button on your keyboard, and then do CTRL-V to paste the screen print from the clipboard into a forum message

Free programs to get file information for PC/Mac http://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download POST IN TREE VIEW

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The DVD spec requires a certain type of MPEG-2 file to create a DVD - nothing else will work. Yes, you can import other file types into Encore, but Encore will transcode (convert) to MPEG-2 behind the scenes. Encore apparently does not like what you are feeding it.

Try this - put the existing .m4v and .ac3 source files in a Premiere timeline, then export as MPEG-2 DVD. That will create files that are compatible with Encore. Then in Encore, import the .m2v and .wav audio together using Import As Timeline.

Since you apparently have a large batch of similar files to work with and most are working, that suggests perhaps the file in question is corrupt in some way. Check if you see any red frames when playing that same .mp4 clip in Premiere.

I should note that .m4v is typically what one would use to create a Blu-ray disc. Are these source files SD or HD?

Thanks

Jeff Pulera

Safe Harbor Computers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks to both of you for your time in helping me with this! You're right - the files were originally encoded for BluRay (so the source files are all HD). I solved the issue by pulling all the BluRay files (.m4v) into Encoder and transcoding them for DVD (mpeg2 --> .m2v). And the red flashed went away! Huzzah! Thanks!

Jess

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines