Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cloud or not to Cloud? Subscription question from past user

Feb 10, 2017 Feb 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't seem to get my question answered definitively.  Used to be a registered user of InDesign CS5.5.  Haven't used the program in a while.  However, recently upgraded to a new PC with windows 10 installed.

Will my older version of InDesign work if I install it on Win 10?  Or will it just crash?

If I buy a new version of InDesign to work with Win 10 do I really have to spend $200 or so a year to get a copy?  I'm just a casual user at this point, so I don't understand why there isn't a cheaper way to buy it?  And if I spend the $200 for the first year, and don't renew it.... do I lose access to the program or just support?  Confused?!  How come as a registered user, I'm not offered any discounts?

Is there a big learning curve to go from CS5.5 to go to most current, Win 10 version?  Or will I be pulling my hair out?

Thx for any answers.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2017 Feb 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you can expect some problems with cs5.5 but you can probably get it to install and work satisfactorily.

the current version of id (cc 2017) does not require significant learning unless you want to use the newer features that were not part of cs 5.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines