Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Photoshop CC 2017 - Stops working!

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2017 Feb 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have the exact same problem as Yvonne. I just bought and installed Photoshop CC 2017 yesterday.

First the product crashed under start and I was not able to see the product at all. During search on the net I found a hint of renaming a Lava dll. Did that and then I could at least the Photoshop started!.

After a simple test with the masking tool Photoshop crashed.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you reset your preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry torkild6332703 - couldnt get to reply earlier.  Mine is crashing mainly at the select and mask tool. 

Im having trouble resetting preferences as Im confused how to do it.  Ive had PS and LR for 2 years and never had this happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hold down Alt, Ctrl, and Shift keys (Mac: Command, Option, Shift) while starting up Photoshop. A dialog box will appear asking if you wish to delete the preferences/settings file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kglad - Yeah thats the problem - I did that and it wouldnt work - have replied to you on my original thread x

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

make sure your os is up to date.  if it is and that doesn't stop the ps crashes:

uninstall ps cc including preferences, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

restart your computer

use the desktop app to reinstall ps

if that fails, restart your computer in safe mode and retest photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines