• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing Video Control Bar

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2017 Feb 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using LR 6.8, have imported mp4 videos (Canon), but I can't play videos.

I'm in the Library view, Loupe view, the first frame is displayed, but I'm missing the video control bar. Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks in Advance, Karl-Heinz

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 11, 2017 Feb 11, 2017

Back about version 6.2, I uninstalled Quicktime from my computer due to internet rumors that (on a Windows machine) there were security issues.  A side "benefit" was that Lightroom stopped playing my video files.   I put Quicktime back on my computer and Lightroom worked again.  Apparently some support files (codecs?) are shared.  

I've read that sharing Quicktime support files is historically common and Adobe is moving away from it. 

Quicktime security can be solved two ways.  One is that when

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Back about version 6.2, I uninstalled Quicktime from my computer due to internet rumors that (on a Windows machine) there were security issues.  A side "benefit" was that Lightroom stopped playing my video files.   I put Quicktime back on my computer and Lightroom worked again.  Apparently some support files (codecs?) are shared.  

I've read that sharing Quicktime support files is historically common and Adobe is moving away from it. 

Quicktime security can be solved two ways.  One is that when you install it there is an option for only the support files.  The other is to change Quicktime.exe to Quicktime.old.

Hope this helps!  Good luck!

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bill, you're great!

I had Quicktime already installed, but I simply installed the latest version again, and it works. The video control bar is now available again.

Thank you so much, Bill, you made my day.

Karl-Heinz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad I could help!  It is not often I get to.  

The security glitch with Quicktime for Windows got about 15 minutes of fame but apparently remains. 

Renaming the Quicktime.exe file to .old is not my idea.  It is routinely suggested as a good idea on the Adobe Premier Elements forum.

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines