2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 11, 2017 7:01 PM by piefacepro

My composition window has gone completely blank. Please help?

piefacepro

I was working on a project, and suddenly, my RAM preview started disappearing whenever I clicked or moved my mouse. It may have been because I purged the image cache memory? not even sure what that does, I just clicked it on a whim. Anyway, now my view is completely blank in the Comp window. No idea what's going on. Please help!compwindow.jpg

• 1. Re: My composition window has gone completely blank. Please help?
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Just the comp window is not helpful. We need a screenshot with the entire composition and all the modified properties of your layers revealed. (just press the u key twice with all layers selected) The most common user errors that causes an empty window is moving the CTI past the start or end of the composition or accidentally moving the camera way out of the frame. I see you have a parallel light in the comp. Changing the light settings or enabling draft 3D could also cause problems. Purging everything will not cause the problem.

The first thing I would do if this happened to me after checking all modified properties of all layers would be to start a new comp and add a new shape layer. If things worked in that new comp I would suspect something that I changed fouled up the main comp.

• 2. Re: My composition window has gone completely blank. Please help?
            piefacepro Level 1

I actually just figured it out while trying to take the screenshot. Turns

out trying to use Element 3D to render 1 million blades of grass with ray

traced shadows is not a great idea.

On Sat, Feb 11, 2017 at 12:07 PM Rick Gerard <forums_noreply@adobe.com>