5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 17, 2017 11:54 AM by Himanshu2017

InDesign file won't open

iericdcline

I have an 84-pg InDesign file that opens and looks normal for a second, then the spinning wheel of death appears and InDesign becomes unresponsive and has to be forced to quit. Other files open normally. I have installed the latest version of InDesign. I tried reserving the file as soon as it opens. That file does not work either.

I had a similar issue a few months ago with a 100+ page file, except in that case trying to open the file crashed InDesign. I eventually spoke to Adobe tex support and sent them the file, which turned out to be corrupt. I had to rebuild the entire document. This case seems to be a little different because the program doesn't completely crash. I'm hoping there is a workaround or fix that I am not thinking of so I don't have to rebuild this file.

Links in this file are a combination of TIFFs on my hard drive and client JPEGs in Dropbox. I'm starting to wonder if linking to client files in Dropbox may be part of the problem. I'm curious if anyone has had similar problems.

Any feedback / ideas for approaching this issue are greatly appreciated!!