• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Shape Dynamics not using my pen sensitivity

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2017 Feb 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last night I was using shape dynamics fine, but when I returned to Photoshop today to resume drawing it didn't work. The control dropdown in the brush panel has an exclamation sign saying "control by pen pressure requires the use of a pressure sensitive tablet" implying that it doesn't realize I'm using a tablet with sensitivity at all. How can I make Photoshop recognize pen pressure again?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 11, 2017 Feb 11, 2017

michealikruhara0110  wrote

A Monoprice 22 inch 1080p, battery free pen Tablet. Drivers and Photoshop are up to date.

Whoops!  Tablets are  one of those things where you get what you pay for, and the cheaper Chinese versions tend to be problematic.

I'm not using Windows Ink or WinTab.

Windows 8.

Windows Ink and WinTab are APIs — the interface between your operating system and the tablet.  If you have not done anything to change it, then with Windows 8.1 I suspect your tablet

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What tablet?

What operating system?  If Windows, are you using Windows Ink or WinTab?

Have you tried restarting the computer?

Tablet support for Photoshop on Windows 8

The above also applies to Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A Monoprice 22 inch 1080p, battery free pen Tablet. Drivers and Photoshop are up to date.

Windows 8.

I have restarted the computer and Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Whoops!  Tablets are  one of those things where you get what you pay for, and the cheaper Chinese versions tend to be problematic.

Windows 8.

Windows Ink and WinTab are APIs — the interface between your operating system and the tablet.  If you have not done anything to change it, then with Windows 8.1 I suspect your tablet driver is Using Windows Ink.  Wacom drivers have a facility to turn off Windows Ink via the tablet Preferences, but I recently discovered that you can still instruct your tablet to use WinTab even if you have no way of turning off Windows Ink.  I strongly advise you to try it.

The information on how to do this is all there in the link I gave you in my original reply.  It is pretty straight forward.

For other tablets:

If the tablet uses a WinTab driver that does not have an option to use Windows Ink, or if you encounter other issues (see below for possible issues), you can force Photoshop to use WinTab by performing the following steps.

1. Create a text file in a text editor such as Notepad.

2. Type in the following lines:

UseSystemStylus 0

3. Save the file as a plain text file named PSUserConfig.txt in the Photoshop settings folder: [Installation Drive]:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015 Settings\

To turn off the reversion to WinTab in Photoshop, do one of the following:

• Delete the PSUSerConfig.txt file.
  • Change the lines so they read:

UseSystemStylus 1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines