2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 11, 2017 11:08 PM by Rick Gerard

Effect on video with mask

maggie_martin

I have a mask on my video and when I apply the time warp effect on the video it does not keep my mask. Any way to keep mask and use effect?

• 1. Re: Effect on video with mask
          Roei Tzoref Adobe Community Professional

Create a solid above you video. Cut and paste your mask to the solid. Set the video to use it as an Alpha matte in the Transfer modes switches column.

• 2. Re: Effect on video with mask
            Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Or pre-compose after applying time warp and add a mask,

Or copy the mask path, create a anew shape layer by clicking anywhere with the pen tool and then paste and use the shape layer as the source for Effect>Channel>Set Matte,

Or put the shape layer or a mask at the bottom of your composition and enable preserve underlying transparency modes column,

Or put your shape layer or mask layer at the above the time warped video and select Stencil Alpha from the Modes column,

Or .....

You get the idea? There are a bunch of ways to fix the rendering pipeline problem caused by many effects like Time Warp. The best and most efficient way to do it depends entirely on what else is going on in your composition. For the most efficient and fastest rendering option we need workflow details including exactly what you are trying to accomplish and a full app screenshot with the modified properties of all layers in question revealed (press uu) so we can point you in the right direction. Most likely a track matte or stencil alpha option using a copy of the mask will be the most efficient --- but you never know.

1 person found this helpful