• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brush tool randomly filling in blank interiors (I can't explain it better)

Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2017 Feb 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a huge problem where I will draw a line with the brush tool, then (not necessarily even close to the target zone) another spot will randomly fill itself out.

Usually all I would do is just CTRL-Z but flash doesn't have any memory of making this giant mistake that can cost hours of work, so it can't be undone unless I go back and erase it all and restart the part that became filled. Nothing strange happened before the glitch and flash just carries on, as I said, without any recollection of anything.

I don't know if I can explain it better than that. there's a bunch of brush strokes, then it's filled with color that I can't undo.

Please help me.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2017 Feb 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone have an answer? I just had to scrap a project and restart from scratch because the issue kept reoccurring, so any insight into my problem would be great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't heard of this issue previously on any of our support channels. Do you have the latest version of Adobe Animate? Have you updated all the drivers on y our device?

Let us know, and we will take it from here.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Animate are you using? Is the problem with only one of the brush tools or is it with both? Are you using a drawing tablet or just the cursor to draw? If you are using a tablet, have you installed the latest driver? When you restarted your project did the brush work as expected?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an anomoly. Never heard of it before. You described it well and I can visualize it - I just can not reproduce it which makes it hard to solve. What tablet are you using and what Operating System?

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2023 Sep 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seven years later and I'm also having this issue. Is there a way to fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 30, 2023 Sep 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Jennifer3262541620rg   

are you using a tablet to draw, or a mouse?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines