• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to restrict font list to only Brand Approved fonts?

Explorer ,
Feb 12, 2017 Feb 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all.

I work for a university and we use only 2 fonts primarily. But I can't find any preference that allows me to say "only show x fonts". And my system always defaults to Times New Roman. Is there a way to only show USER fonts? Without eliminating all the fonts in the library?

Also, I should be able to always open my documents in ITC Franklin Gothic Book, but the default can't be changed that I can find. Any suggestions? What am I overlooking to make my default a university approved font?

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 12, 2017 Feb 12, 2017

What version of InDesign are you using? Current versions allow you to mark fonts as favorites, and then you can set the filter to only show favorites:

InDesign CCss_007.pngInDesign CCss_008.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of InDesign are you using? Current versions allow you to mark fonts as favorites, and then you can set the filter to only show favorites:

InDesign CCss_007.pngInDesign CCss_008.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I should be able to always open my documents in ITC Franklin Gothic Book, but the default can't be changed that I can find. Any suggestions? What am I overlooking to make my default a university approved font?

As for part two of the question–

InDesign documents always open using the fonts specified when the file was saved. I am guessing you are trying to set the default to ITC Franklin Gothic Book for new documents?

In that case, close all open files, and then go to Type > Font and select ITC Franklin Gothic Book. This will set ITC Franklin Gothic Book as the default font for all new documents.

This is documented in the online help under the heading "Set Defaults":

Set preferences in Adobe InDesign

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I just switched up to CC 2017 on Mac. I use InDesign every day for years, but this was one thing that always dogged me, esp b/c I must not have been using the right keywords for a search.

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to know that you have your answer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines