2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 20, 2008 1:02 PM by Sar975

Flex Tree scroll display issue

Sar975
      When I add enough checkboxes to a Tree component if I check at least one checkbox on Tree and move the scroll bar up and down eventually other checkboxes on the form appear checked even though I didn't check them. Has anyone seen this behavior and if so did you resolve this issue? Any help is appreciated.
        • 1. Re: Flex Tree scroll display issue
          Level 7

"Sar975" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:gdag6s$ju3$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > When I add enough checkboxes to a Tree component if I check at least one
          > checkbox on Tree and move the scroll bar up and down eventually other
          > checkboxes on the form appear checked even though I didn't check them.
          > Has
          > anyone seen this behavior and if so did you resolve this issue? Any help
          > is
          > appreciated.

Q2
          http://www.magnoliamultimedia.com/flex_examples/Amys_Flex_FAQ.pdf

• 2. Re: Flex Tree scroll display issue
            Sar975 Level 1
            Thanks for the links. The key was to have a variable represented in memory to associate with the selected attribute of the checkbox. Previously I was just letting the default behavior of the itemRenderer determine checked or unchecked and sometimes the updateDisplayList method is not setting this properly when you scroll. It would be nice if a future release of flex would handle this automatically. Thanks again for the links it was helpful in resolving.