• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change target bitrate in After Effects CC 2015?

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2017 Feb 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2017-02-12 at 5.00.14 PM.pngHi,

I need to change the target bitrate and maximum bitrate in AE cc 2015, since my files are extremely large when I export them (10 min video 129 GB)

I have been looking at tutorials and it seems the option is available in other versions of After effects..

any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Feb 12, 2017 Feb 12, 2017

Unfortunately, you cannot set a target or max bit rate for H.264 in a Quicktime Container in AE's Render Queue. Well, you can set a "limit," but it get a bit confusing. Your best bet is to send the composition to Media Encoder by the Add to Media Encoder Render Queue command under the Composition menu. Then choose H.264 from the Format list. It'll give you an H.264 codec in an MP4 wrapper ( more compatible than MOV files anyway) and the ability to set your Target/Max Bitrate.

Also, a 10 minute ti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, you cannot set a target or max bit rate for H.264 in a Quicktime Container in AE's Render Queue. Well, you can set a "limit," but it get a bit confusing. Your best bet is to send the composition to Media Encoder by the Add to Media Encoder Render Queue command under the Composition menu. Then choose H.264 from the Format list. It'll give you an H.264 codec in an MP4 wrapper ( more compatible than MOV files anyway) and the ability to set your Target/Max Bitrate.

Also, a 10 minute timeline from AE is kinda nuts! What sort of video are you building? It couldnt be broken down or have parts of it done in Premiere? I mean, sometimes, it's necessary to have a comp that long, just curious what your project is!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should never use H.264 in the QuickTime container. Use the Adobe media encoder instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the answer,

Screen Shot 2017-02-13 at 2.49.55 PM.pngI was making a background animation for a show, I am just starting to use after effects.

People usually dont edit entire animation in AE?

I am doing an animation right now that will be about 4 min, but I'm doing it in varios sessions and saving every scene apart, to later put it all in premiere,

I dont have the media encoder, Is setting the limit data rate a good option for a smaller archive, or do I loose a lot of quality? I will use the video for Youtube .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have Premiere, you have the Media Encoder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is the background animation just mean to be something repetitive that can loop? Then you don't have to make it 4 or 10 minutes long... you can make it short and loop it over and over in Premiere. Normally Premiere is used for longer form video editing and After Effects is usually used for creating shorter animations and motion graphics that you integrate into your video project in Premiere. There are ALWAYS exceptions to the rule and yes, sometimes people make longer form projects in AE, but it's not really the norm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines