1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 12, 2017 7:14 PM by JJMack

Unable to Save Photos to Documents Folder

CherylDell

My old computer died, I had Photoshop CS2 with Windows 7 and it worked great.  My new computer came with Windows 10 and I downloaded CS2 from the Adobe website onto my new computer.  I'm used to CS2 so I wanted to stick with it.  Now, whenever I try to save a photo from Photoshop to the C:\Users\Cheryl\Documents folder, I get the error message: "You don't have permission to save in this location.  Contact the Administrator to obtain permission.  Would you like to save in the Pictures folder instead?"  I am able to save to the Pictures folder and re-copy elsewhere, but I want to save to the Documents folder like I always did with Windows 7 and never had a problem.

Under C:\Users\Cheryl\Documents, when I click on Properties, Security, Advanced, it shows that I am the owner with full control.  There is also an Administrator shown with full control.  But I am shown as the owner, and I log in as myself.  So I do have permission.  I have run Photoshop as Administrator and tried to save photos but I get the same error message.  In the Microsoft forum, someone mentioned they have Photoshop Elements and Windows 10 and there are no problems saving to the Documents folder.  I don't know if this is a Windows 10 issue or my CS2 has an issue.

Does anyone know how to fix this?