• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HOW TO USE AE? (FOR BEGINNERS, seriously, i can barely load a clip in)

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So recently I've started using AE. I am really really struggling. I have used sony vegas pro and can use that to a good standard but I want to take the next step, basically.

I was wondering, how to split the audio from a video. I've tried the muting the video but for some reason i can't get that to work. is there any other way of doing it??

Also, I have a clip and want to put a new audio underneath it. (the original clip didnt have any audio). But the audio has a clip (hence why I want to separate the audio from the video) and I can only see the clip from the audio not the clip I want to see. How can I see the clip without audio and get rid of the clip with audio but still have the audio?

Thankyou

(there seems to be like 3 questions in this but there is only one)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

You need to learn new stuff and you need to un-learn ways of working & thinking in Vegas that are holding you back.

Start with the basics:

Create your first project |

Then move on:

After Effects tutorials

And stay away from YouTube tutorials made by high school kids.  They're lame.  Learn from the Pros.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to learn new stuff and you need to un-learn ways of working & thinking in Vegas that are holding you back.

Start with the basics:

Create your first project |

Then move on:

After Effects tutorials

And stay away from YouTube tutorials made by high school kids.  They're lame.  Learn from the Pros.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thankyou so so much!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In addition to Dave's suggestion, I like Andrew Devis' Getting Started series. The basics of AE haven't changed much since those videos were posted and he covers A LOT of things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines