• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS6 Won't Open; says I need to renew my CC subscription

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I had the Photography CC plan for a year, and decided not to renew it. I have Photoshop CS6 downloaded on my computer. Now, it won't let me open the CS6 app- a message pops up that says I need to renew my subscription. I think this is unfair and I am extremely frustrated- have contacted Adobe multiple times about this. Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

Two ways to do  this: The first is simple, but if your install records marked it as a CC app you may have to go the second route.

Permanent reverts to Trial with CC ad.

This happens often. Don't panic. Your serial number is still good, you simply need to re-enter it and you do not need to purchase anything. Follow these steps:

1. On receiving Trial/Trial Expired screen

2. Make sure that you are online

3. Click on license this software

4. Perpetual product owners: Log in with adobe ID and enter p

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two ways to do  this: The first is simple, but if your install records marked it as a CC app you may have to go the second route.

Permanent reverts to Trial with CC ad.

This happens often. Don't panic. Your serial number is still good, you simply need to re-enter it and you do not need to purchase anything. Follow these steps:

1. On receiving Trial/Trial Expired screen

2. Make sure that you are online

3. Click on license this software

4. Perpetual product owners: Log in with adobe ID and enter product serial number

5. Product should be licensed successfully

If not:

You may have to uninstall both Photoshop and the Creative Cloud Desktop App, use the Cleaner Tool

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems to remove the install records and fresh install CS6 using your original serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try uninstalling Adobe Creative cloud software including CS6. The use Adobe cleaner to make sure all traces of Adobe software has been removed. Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems.

Then install CS 6 using the CS6 installer and use your old CS6 perpetual serial number. That should Install and activate CS6 Version 13.0 which is very buggy and needs to updated.  Open CS6 and use menu Help>Updates.  Hopefully the will update you version 13.0 to version 13.0.6 Mac or Version 13.0.1.3 Windows..

When I installed Photoshop CC.  CS6 and CC both worked but after a few CC updated I found my CS6 install was broken and  CS6 Help>Update would try to install updates but would fail with some error.    I had to install CS6 on top of the current broken install and then use menu Help>Updates.  Update worked then and updated my CS6 13.0 to version 13.1.2 the subscription version of CS6.  Yes there are three versions of CS6 and there are some differences between versions. Mac perpetual 64bit only can not use the optional CS5 plug-ins for they are 32bit version.  Windows CS6 perpetual can use the optional CS5 plug-ins Web Photo gallery and Picture Package there are both 32bit and 64bit versions.   Perpetual CS6 Scripting has a bug I reported to Adobe that Adobe fixed in the subscription version of CS6.  Though the Subscription Wndow CS6 can load the optional CS5 plug-in they do not work for Adobe removed or change some plug-in support in subscription CS6 version 13.1.2 .

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines